We use Sorona®. Sorona is an eco-efficient performance fiber made in part from annually renewable plant-based ingredients. The process begins with harvesting crops and then extracting them from sugar or glucose. Microorganisms are then added to the glucose to begin a fermentation process, this process replaces chemical synthesis. Later it is spun into fibers and the result is Sorona®: a revolutionary, high-performance polymer fiber whose positive impact reduces green emissions and uses less energy in the production state, compared to the production of new nylon fibers. DuPont™ Sorona® padding is 37% plant-based. For more information about Sorona®:
PERKS OF USING SORONA®
- Reduces oil dependencies: It is partly (37%) made from renewable plant-based ingredients
- Reduced energy consumption: Production of Sorona® polymer requires 30% less energy compared to the same amount of petrolium based nylon 6.
- Reduced emissions: Production of Sorona® polymer reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 63% compared with production of the same amount petroleum-based nylon 6.
- There are many different types of filling material the market. Most are petroleum-based polyester. DuPont™ Sorona® is made from renewable resources fiber, partly made with annually renewables herbal ingredients.
- Sorona® has an outstanding heat retention performance, softness and form-fitting. Sorona® breathes and dries quickly. Sorona® is one material that breathes with a flame water absorption rate that makes insulated or padded garments made with Sorona® fibers dried quickly after washing, or use shorter drying time in the tumble dryer.
- Sorona® is a good choice if you want to buy a hot one jacket without down and feather filling.
HOW TO WASH SYNTETIC INSULATING GARMENT – SORONA AND SIMILAR
Before you put your jacket in the washing machine it’s important that you; read through the garment’s wash care label, turn the garment inside out, empty the pockets and close all zippers and velcro tape. The garment can be washed with other garments in similar colors.
We recommend that you wash your jacket using a gentle washing program with a short centrifugation setting. Use a gentle liquid detergent while washing. We recommend to never use fabric softener when washing. Partly due to the fact that the water repellent treatment (Bionic Finish) on our garments gets dissolved by softener, but mainly because fabric softener is not environmentally friendly.
HOW TO DRY SYNTETIC INSULATING GARMENTS
The garments can either be drip-dried or tumble dried. If you wish to tumble dry your garment it is important to follow the wash care instructions written in the wash care label.
After washing and drying it is important that the jacket is put on a hanger in an airy space for 24-48 hours, do not hang it in the closet straight afterwards.
STORE YOUR SYNTETIC INSULATING GARMENT
Store your down garment hanging on a hanger in an airy space – do not use compression bags or vacuum storage. If you follow this instruction, your jacket will have the best conditions for a long lifecycle.
Before the next season, shake and ventilate your garment outside to make it ready for a new season.